Band 5 and 6 nursing staff * Band 5 nurses require at least 9 months respiratory experience.
1) To demonstrate and practice using a systematic A-E patient assessment
2) To summarise, signs, symptoms and treatments of common respiratory conditions
3) To introduce the concept of human factors/ non-technical skills
- The morning is spent discussing the answers to the workbook, revising patient assessment and escalation tools
- The afternoon is dedicated to simulation scenarios covering a range of respiratory medicine and thoracic surgery
ARMS pre-course workbook- emailed to candidates prior to attending.
Upcoming bookable dates for this course are as follows:
Monday 14 January 2019
Thursday 16 May 2019
Monday 7 October 2019
For more information or to book onto this coursxe please contact: NUH SIM ADMIN@bartshealth.nhs.uk