Band 5 and 6 nursing staff * Band 5 nurses will require at least 9 months respiratory experience.
1) To demonstrate and practice using a systematic A-E patient assessment
2) To summarise, signs, symptoms and treatments of conditions related to oncology patients
3) To introduce the concept of human factors/ non-technical skills
- The morning is spent discussing the answers to the work book, revising patient assessment and escalation tools
- The afternoon is dedicated to simulated scenarios covering a range of respiratory medicine and thoracic surgery
ACCES pre-course workbook- emailed to candidates prior to attending.
Upcoming dates for this course are as follows:
Tuesday 2 October 2018
For more information or to book onto this course please contact: NUH_SIM_ADMIN@bartshealth.nhs.uk