- To understand how to identify delirium and what individual’s role are in responding to it.
- To understand the benefits of therapeutic engagement for people living with dementia
- To understand the difference between ‘symptoms’ and ‘behaviours’
A one day conference which will feature a number of expert speakers on dementia and delirium. There will be a focus on the benefits that therapeutic engagement bring to patients and how vital, but yet sometimes overlooked, kindness is.
A series of talks and interactive sessions on dementia and delirium from:
- Sophie Edwards, Geriatrician, Barts Health NHS Trust
- Tommy Whitelaw, Inspirational Speaker, Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland
- Rachel Thompson, Admiral Nurse, Dementia UK
- Dementia & Delirium Team, Barts Health NHS Trust
- Helen Scott, Stories that Speak
Dementia and Delirium Team
- Lynda McNab
- Jane Ikeagwu
- Sharling Bovell
- Eva Rowe
- Kate Young