- Non-frontline staff redeployed to frontline clinical roles;
- Registered nurses Returning to Practice
- gain knowledge and understanding of current nursing practice;
- update knowledge and understanding of infection prevention and control;
- be able to recognise and manage a deteriorating patient;
- be confident to safely deliver direct patient care in a compassionate and professional manner;
- be able to maintain own resilience
A blended approach to teaching/learning focusing on renewing, developing and enhancing the clinical skills necessary for safe bedside care;
The course is divided into three;
- Pre-Learning (participants will be expected to undertake some pre-learning. This is essential as the first part of the face-to-face will be drawing on information contained in the pre-learning material);
- Facilitated skills update (including BLS, IPC, EoL, NEWS, E-Documentation);
- Ward Simulation (participants will admit, care for and discharge patients in a simulated environment.
Debrief – at the end of the day, participants will have the opportunity to reflect on their learning.
NMAHP Team (Valery Small, Yasmin Ali)