This course is for anyone with a role in providing information to, or engaging with, patients and carers
- Define what health literacy is and the context of why it matters.
- Develop health literate practice by learning simple tools and techniques to be used when engaging with patients.
- Provide information about further resources to continue participant learning and for support when promoting health literacy
- Show what a Health Literacy friendly organisation could look like.
- Increase participants’ knowledge of what health literacy is and why it is important;
- Increase awareness of the tools and techniques that can support people with low health literacy and promote health literacy in practice;
- Raise awareness of the resources and information available to support participants in promoting health literacy;
- Greater understanding of what a Health Literacy friendly organization looks like.