Introduction, Effectiveness, Advantages, Disadvantages and Contraindications to Contraceptive Methods.
Contraception After Pregnancy: Discussing Contraception, the Contraceptive choices discussion, Bridging contraception.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the currently available contraceptive methods
- Discuss the main advantages and disadvantages of these contraceptive methods
- Identify contraindications to contraceptive methods by using the UKMEC
- Understand when contraception can be started after pregnancy
- Introduce contraception into consultations with pregnant and recently delivered women
- Understand the use of bridging contraception.
Please find time to look at https://www.fpa.org.uk/resources/leaflet-and-booklet-downloads, before attending the course to see some leaflets on contraception. Please download and bring a copy of Your Guide to Contraception and Your Guide to Contraceptive Choices - After a Baby
Dr Gabriella Fine; Dr Emma Abery; Ms Rose Benskin
25/09/2020 8:30 am to 12:30 Seminar Room 2nd floor Ambrose King Centre