Preventing bullying and harassment workshop
This one-day workshop will give you an insight into the causes, prevention, legislation and management of workplace bullying and harassment. It is a highly interactive workshop with presentations, group exercises and the chance to ask questions throughout the day.
- Suitable for
- Learning outcomes
- Outline programme
- Pre-course work and Resources
- Dates, times and venues
Open to all staff
- To raise awareness of what bullying and harassment is and how it may arise
- To identify individual responsibilities for preventing and dealing with bullying and harassment at workplace
- To understand the legislative framework and Trust procedure around bullying and harassment.
- Trust yourself – focus on your strengths and your confidence will follow
- The effects of bullying and harassment
- Definitions of bullying and harassment
- The legal context
- Understand the terms of Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Human Rights and how they are applied in the workplace.
- Understanding how legislation, organisational policies and processes individuals to act appropriately and understand people’s rights.
- How a proactive inclusive approach in the workplace can prevent Bullying and Harassment
- Case studies
- Appropriate behaviours
- Communication skills
- Characteristics of a bully
- Understanding performance management
- Conflict modes
- What to do if you think you're being bullied
- Where to get more help