Introduction to medical terminology
This session gives admin and clerical staff an understanding of general medical terminology. It offers an awareness of clinical services for all those working within healthcare.
- Suitable for
- Learning outcomes
- Outline programme
- Pre-course work and Resources
- Dates, times and venues
This course is applicable for all staff that need a basic understanding of medical terminology as part of their role.
- The day consists of group and individual work including word exercises and quizzes.
- This helps participants become confident in their understanding of how medical terminology originates.
- At the end of the session there is a terminology tester as a final assessment.
Each participant receives a full 'Medical Terminology Toolkit' for reference purposes.
- Glossary of useful medical words including how medical terms are constructed
- Basic language of prescribing
- Surgical procedures
- Common plural forms
- Abbreviations of qualifying degrees and further qualifications
- Classification of diseases
- Common abbreviations
|30th September 2020||Room 7, Education Centre, MEH|
|03rd December 2020||Room 7, Education Centre, MEH|
All above dates are currently fully booked. Further dates will be available in due course.