Equality, diversity and human rights
This half-day training will highlight Equality, Diversity and Human Rights issues in the work place and in dealing with our patients, carers and the community.
It will help colleagues to be mindful of these important concerns and support our Trust’s vision of compassionate and safe care. It will also update participants with current legislation around these issues.
It is a highly interactive workshop with presentations, group exercises and the chance to ask questions throughout the day.
- Suitable for
- Learning outcomes
- Outline programme
- Pre-course work and Resources
- Dates, times and venues
- To raise awareness about Equality, Diversity and Human Rights for patients and colleagues
- Create understanding of the issues that may affect people rights.
- To understand legislative framework, trust policies and also
where to seek help for advice.
- Understand the terms of Equality, Diversity and Human Rights
- How they are applied within the context of the health sector.
- How a proactive inclusive approach to equality, diversity and human rights can be promoted.
- The benefits that an effective approach to equality, diversity and human rights can affect society, organisations and individuals.
- How legislation, organisational policies and processes can empower individuals to act appropriately and understand people’s rights.
- What to do if there are concerns about equality and diversity practices.
- Case studies