It can be difficult to know that a complaint has been made about you or a member of your team. It can be equally difficult to investigate such complaints, especially if you have never been involved in a complaint or an investigation before.
The Central Complaints Team delivers practical and theoretical workshops on complaints handling across the Trust, in order to equip staff with the skills for dealing with complaints.
- Suitable for
- Learning outcomes
- Outline programme
- Pre-course work and Resources
- Dates, times and venues
- All staff involved in patient care, managers and investigators involved in complaints handling
- Anyone who feels anxious about responding, investigating, or handling any aspect of a complaint
- Anyone who wants to explore techniques for writing full complaint responses
- To increase delegates' confidence in resolving concerns locally where possible
- To increase delegates awareness of the Trust’s responsibilities to all complainants
- The formal Complaints Procedure, including top tips on investigation techniques, the NHS complaint regulations, the duty of candor and complaint handling
- Managing complex complaints and complainants
- Local resolution