Challenging conversations for managers
A high impact programme which will help delegates recognise the importance of clear and honest communication and how if done correctly is a major step to improving performance, whether at an individual, team, management, leadership or organisational level.
The participative course aims to develop the skills and approaches of your management team to build confidence and aptitude when addressing challenging conversations.
The course focuses particularly on conducting conversations with members of staff to develop skills to enable them to actively manage performance issues as well as managing tasks and workplace requirements. Difficult or uncomfortable conversations, if conducted correctly at a relatively early stage, can avoid the escalation to more serious issues.
The programme will provide delegates with the practical tools and techniques to utilise immediately when they return to the workplace.
- Suitable for
- Learning outcomes
- Outline programme
- Pre-course work and Resources
- Date, times and venues
All those who have responsibility to undertake performance discussions with staff
- Understand how to defuse difficult situations and adjust their own management behaviour and communication style to get results
- Plan and prepare for challenging conversations in the workplace
- Improve working relationships with colleagues, those they report to and
those who report to them
- Resolve the barriers to conducting uncomfortable or difficult
- Give feedback in a positive way to improve performance
- What are challenging conversations?
- Building rapport and trust
- Handling difficult employee conversations
- Giving constructive feedback
- Defining situations where correcting performance conversations are
- Focusing on outcomes
- Providing Support
- Upward Feedback