This half day interactive workshop will teach you about Venepuncture
Professionally registered healthcare practitioners designated assistant practitioners, and health care support workers who will be undertaking Venepuncture/Phlebotomy in their clinical practice.
For further information regarding staff who have been trained and practiced in a previous post please consult Venepcunture/Phlebptomy policy
- · Recognises role and professional responsibilities related with the safe venepuncture practice
- · Identifies the relevant anatomy and common sites for venepuncture
- · Summarises the risks of venepuncture and the importance of safe technique (ANTT)
- Demonstrates a safe, methodical approach to venepuncture
- Infection Control & ANTT/Practical
- Venepuncture demonstration and practice
For further information regarding this course or for any enquiries please contract:
Oluwafiropo (Ropo) Olaofe - Nurse Education Practitioner
Ana Santos - Nurse Education Practitioner
Barts NHS Trust email@example.com
Irene Martinez – Nurse Education Facilitator
Mandatory V&C e-learning
Staff must complete the e-learning cannulation and venepuncture course before booking/attending the session.
Please bring a prove of evidence to the face to face session once you have completed the e-learning modules. At the end of the e-learning a certificate is automatic generated. We accept an electronic or a paper copy of this certificate.
You will need to create an account the first time you access it. The Training consists of 8 modules, you must complete, and you need to achieve an overall score of 70%.
Access via this link: https://bd.elmg.net/?rc=621a9a4f7e23e646a93d0336e3072dbf