This half day interactive workshop will teach you about Venepuncture
Professionally registered healthcare practitioners designated assistant practitioners, and health care support workers who will be undertaking Venepuncture/Phlebotomy in their clinical practice.
For further information regarding staff who have been trained and practiced in a previous post please consult Venepcunture/Phlebptomy policy
- · Recognises role and professional responsibilities related with the safe venepuncture practice
- · Identifies the relevant anatomy and common sites for venepuncture
- · Summarises the risks of venepuncture and the importance of safe technique (ANTT)
- Demonstrates a safe, methodical approach to venepuncture
- Infection Control & ANTT/Practical
- Venepuncture demonstration and practice
For further information regarding this course or for any enquiries please contract:
Reymund Lim - Nurse Education Practitioner
Professionally registered healthcare practitioners, designated assistant practitioners and health care support workers who will be undertaking venepuncture/phlebotomy only in clinical practice.
This 2hour interactive workshop will teach you about venepuncture/phlebotomy.
Suitable for staff without previous training on Venepuncture.
It is mandatory to read all the information in the ‘more information/pre-course work and resources’ section prior to attending the course. Candidates who have not completed all the required pre-course work will not be permitted into the session.
Completing Venepuncture e-learning before attending the session is compulsory.
You will need to create an account the first time you access it online using the link below. The Training consists of 8 modules, which must be completed, and you need to achieve an overall score of 70%.
Access via this link: