Venepuncture & Cannulation
Learn a safe, methodical approach to peripheral intravenous Cannulation and venepuncture
- Suitable for
- Learning outcomes
- Outline programme
- Pre-course work and Resources
- Dates, times and venues
Professionally registered healthcare practitioners designated assistant practitioners and health care support workers who will be undertaking peripheral IV Cannulation and Venepuncture/Phlebotomy.
For further information regarding staff who have been trained and practiced in a previous post please consult Clinical Policy for Peripheral Venous Cannulation Insertion and Management.
- · Recognises role and professional responsibilities related with the safe intravenous Cannulation & venipuncture practice
- · Identifies the relevant anatomy and common sites for peripheral intravenous cannulation and venepuncture
- · Summarises the risks of intravenous Cannulation & venepuncture and the importance of safe technique (ANTT)
- · Demonstrates a safe approach to peripheral intravenous cannulation and venepuncture
- Infection Control & ANTT/Practical
- Cannulation demonstration and practice
- Venepuncture demonstration and practice
Mandatory V&C e-learning
Staff must complete the e-learning cannulation and venepuncture course before booking/attending the session.
After you booked your study leave, you will receive an email from BBraun that contains: the eLearning link, Username and Password details. The link will be sent by BBraun to the same email address that you use during the booking process.
Please bring a prove of evidence to the face to face session once you have completed the e-learning modules.
You will need to create an account the first time you access it. The Training consists of 8 modules, you must complete, and you need to achieve an overall score of 70%.
Access via this link: https://bd.elmg.net/?rc=621a9a4f7e23e646a93d0336e3072dbf
Location Date Time Candidates
MEH, Learning Centre, Room 1 05/03/2021 09:30 to 12:30 8
MEH, Learning Centre, Room 1 05/03/2021 13:00 to 16:00 8
MEH, Learning Centre, Room 1 19/03/2021 09:30 to 12:30 8
MEH, Learning Centre, Room 1 19/03/2021 13:00 to 16:00 8
MEH, Learning Centre, Room 1 13/04/2021 09:30 to 12:30 8
MEH, Learning Centre, Room 1 13/04/2021 13:00 to 16:00 8
MEH, Learning Centre, Room 1 27/04/2021 09:30 to 12:30 8
MEH, Learning Centre, Room 1 27/04/2021 13:00 to 16:00 8