Venepuncture & Cannulation
This one day interactive workshop will teach you about IV cannulation and Venepuncture.
- Suitable for
- Learning outcomes
- Outline programme
- Pre-course work and Resources
- Dates, times and venues
Professionally registered healthcare practitioners designated assistant practitioners and health care support workers who will be undertaking peripheral IV Cannulation and Venepuncture/Phlebotomy.
For further information regarding staff who have been trained and practiced in a previous post please consult Clinical Policy for Peripheral Venous Cannulation Insertion and Management.
- Recognises role and professional responsibilities related with the safe intravenous Cannulation & venipuncture practice
- Identifies the relevant anatomy and common sites for peripheral intravenous cannulation and venepuncture
- Summarises the risks of intravenous Cannulation & venepuncture and the importance of safe technique (ANTT)
- Demonstrates a safe, methodical approach to peripheral intravenous cannulation and venepuncture
- Infection Control & ANTT/Practical
- Cannulation demonstration and practice
- Venepuncture demonstration and practice
For further information or for any enquiries please contact:
Irene Martinez – Nurse Education Facilitator
Mandatory V&C e-learning
Staff must complete the e-learning cannulation and venepuncture course before booking/attending the session.
Please bring a proof of evidence to the face to face session once you have completed the e-learning modules. At the end of the e-learning a certificate is automatic generated. We accept an electronic or a paper copy of this certificate.
Staff is expected to complete the e-learning cannulation course before booking/attending the session with a pass score of over 70%. Staff will require their ESR cards to do the e-learning course. Attendees can print a screen page or take a photo shot of their results as evidence if they want to. Access via this link after logging in:
The eLearning Module is:
000 B. Braun Peripheral Cannulation e-Learning Theory Module
You will need to create an account the first time you access it. The Training consists of 8 modules, you must complete, and you need to achieve an overall score of 70%.
Access via this link: https://bd.elmg.net/?rc=621a9a4f7e23e646a93d0336e3072dbf