Nurses or Midwives who have been a Practice Supervisor for more than six months or more.
- To identify the differences between the roles of Practice Supervisor and Practice Assessor
- To define practical support processes available to practice supervisors and students
During this study day and the subsequent support in practice, the following will be covered;
- To understand the NMC education standards
- To understand the role of the practice supervisor, practice assessor and academic assessor
- To gain knowledge of learning theories
- To understand the importance of setting SMART objectives
- To gain knowledge of the assessment process, in relation to objectives and proficiencies
- To understand the process of providing two-way feedback
- To understand the process of facilitating an action plan
- To be able to recognize under-performance and raise concerns
To have an awareness of pastoral and emotional support for learners
You must complete all e-learning sections on the Barts Health moodle page. Please bring the certificates of completion to the face-to-face session.