- Suitable for
- Learning outcomes
- Outline programme
- Pre-course work and Resources
- Dates, times and venues
Any professionally registered member of staff who will be engaging in administering medications via any IV route.
For further information regarding previous training please consult Injectable Medicines Policy.
- To have an understanding of your role and professional responsibilities
- To be able to recognise and safely manage a patient suffering an adverse event during drug administration until help arrives
- To have an understanding of basic pharmacology
- To understand the key principles of ANTT (aseptic non touch technique) and infection control
- To familiarize yourself with the variety of pumps in use
- Professional Responsibilities
- Identification and management of adverse events during drug administration
- Infection Control & ANTT
- Basic Pharmacology
- Pump Training
Morning session commences at 08.45
The morning session consists of generic IV theory sessions.
Afternoon session commences at 13.30
The afternoon session consists of pump training.
Barts Health Trust Policy which can be found on the We Share intranet:
- Injectable Medicines Policy
- Medicines Management Policy
- Patient Identification Policy