Bart’s Health 3rd year placement nursing students of the Adult Branch (LSBU; City; Middlesex and Greenwich Universities)
- · Recognises role and professional responsibilities related with the safe intravenous Cannulation & venipuncture practice
- · Identifies the relevant anatomy and common sites for peripheral intravenous cannulation and venepuncture
- · Summarises the risks of intravenous Cannulation & venepuncture and the importance of safe technique (ANTT)
- · Demonstrates a safe approach to peripheral intravenous cannulation and venepuncture
- Infection Control & ANTT/Practical
- Cannulation demonstration and practice
- Venepuncture demonstration and practice
For enquiries regarding this course please contact:
Oluwafiropo (Ropo) Olaofe - Nurse Education Practitioner
Ana Santos - Nurse Education Practitioner
Bart’s NHS Trust ana.santos5@Bart’shealth.nhs.uk
Irene Martinez – Nurse Education Facilitator
Mandatory V&C e-learning
Staff must complete the cannulation workbook and venepuncture course before booking/attending the session.
Please bring a prove of evidence to the face to face session once you have completed the e-learning modules.
- E-Learning pass score of >70%
- Practical Assessment during training
You will need to create an account the first time you access it. The Training consists of 8 modules, you must complete, and you need to achieve an overall score of 70%.
Access via this link: https://bd.elmg.net/?rc=621a9a4f7e23e646a93d0336e3072dbf