BH Venepuncture & Cannulation Nursing and AHP students
Learn a safe, methodical approach to peripheral intravenous Cannulation and venepuncture
Professionally registered healthcare practitioners designated Nursing & AHP Staff who will be undertaking peripheral IV Cannulation and Venepuncture/Phlebotomy.
For further information regarding staff who have been trained and practiced in a previous post please consult Clinical Policy for Peripheral Venous Cannulation Insertion and Management
- Recognises role and professional responsibilities related with the safe intravenous Cannulation & venipuncture practice
- •Identifies the relevant anatomy and common sites for peripheral intravenous cannulation and venepuncture
- •Summarises the risks of intravenous Cannulation & venepuncture and the importance of safe technique (ANTT)
- •Demonstrates a safe approach to peripheral intravenous cannulation and venepuncture
- Infection Control & ANTT/Practical
- Cannulation demonstration and practice
- Venepuncture demonstration and practice
There is pre-reading required - MUST BE DONE BEFORE ATTENDING THE COURSE
Please bring a prove of evidence to the face to face session once you have completed the e-learning modules. (screenshot; paper or electronic evidence are both accepted)
Completion of Venepuncture and Cannulation competency
You will need to create an account the first time you access it. The Training consists of 8 modules, you must complete, and you need to achieve an overall score of 70%.
Access via this link: https://bd.elmg.net/?rc=621a9a4f7e23e646a93d0336e3072dbf
Cannulation e-learning (New e-learning implemented in February 2021)
You will receive the eLearning link from BBraun with Username and Password details, after you booked your study leave. The link will be sent by BBraun to the same email address that you use during the booking process.
Please bring a prove of evidence to the face to face session once you have completed the e-learning modules.