BH Venepuncture & Cannulation Nursing and AHP students
Learn a safe, methodical approach to peripheral intravenous Cannulation and venepuncture
Professionally registered healthcare practitioners designated Nursing & AHP Staff who will be undertaking peripheral IV Cannulation and Venepuncture/Phlebotomy.
For further information regarding staff who have been trained and practiced in a previous post please consult Clinical Policy for Peripheral Venous Cannulation Insertion and Management
- Recognises role and professional responsibilities related with the safe intravenous Cannulation & venipuncture practice
- •Identifies the relevant anatomy and common sites for peripheral intravenous cannulation and venepuncture
- •Summarises the risks of intravenous Cannulation & venepuncture and the importance of safe technique (ANTT)
- •Demonstrates a safe approach to peripheral intravenous cannulation and venepuncture
- Infection Control & ANTT/Practical
- Cannulation demonstration and practice
- Venepuncture demonstration and practice
There is pre-course e-learning that needs to be completed - MUST BE DONE BEFORE ATTENDING THE COURSE
Please bring a prove of evidence to the face to face session once you have completed the e-learning modules. (screenshot; paper or electronic evidence are both accepted)
Venepuncture and Cannulation E- learning User Guide
Prior to attending the session……
- Please access the BD Venepuncture E-Learning via the following link:
- You will need to create an account the first time you access it.
- The Training consists of 8 modules, you must complete all modules and achieve an overall score of 70%.
- Bring evidence of completion to the training session (screenshot/print screen/ printed copy).On evidencing the successful completion of this e-learning module you will receive 1 hour signed practice hours.
- Please access the B Braun Cannulation E-learning via the following link:
- You will need to create an account the first time you access it and include your NHS Trust, Job Title & Clinical Area as a mandatory field.
- Once registration is completed, the system will ask you for enrolment key. Please use: Barts2021
- You must complete the full module and achieve an overall score of 70%.
- Bring evidence of completion to the training session (screenshot/print screen/ printed copy). On evidencing the successful completion of this e-learning module you will receive 2 hours signed practice hours.
- Download the CATQR code app on a mobile device (You will need your Training Profile ID to complete the registration. This is the same ID used to complete online statutory and mandatory training).